Keeping swimmers (and their parents/ Guardians) Happy and Healthy whilst visiting us for lessons.
We just cannot wait to see you back at the pool, as you can imagine to keep you as well as our wonderful teaching and administration team safe whilst visiting us we have introduced some measure in line with the industry best practice and guidance around COVID-19.
We are constantly reviewing practices and procedures but a small list of some of the measure we have are below:
Sanitising stations on entry to facilities.
Wipes available for peace of mind.
Increased enhance cleaning schedules to ensure high touch areas are sanitised regularly.
Teachers in PPE and contact with swimmers only when safety critical.
Reduced class sizes.
Assistants to assist with poolside management at busier venues and help ensure we correctly clean equipment between uses.
Asking that only 1 spectator per swimmer to ensure social distancing is adhered to around our facilities.
Track and trace in place in line with GOV regulations.
We ask that you please assist us by following the below guidance:
- DO NOT enter the facility if you or any member of household have any signs or symptoms of Covid 19, or as with our general terms, your child has any form of other illness i.e. common cold/ chicken pox etc.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your allocated lesson time. On way into the venue you will see a Sanitising station for you and your swimmer’s usage.
- Ensure you bring a face covering / mask to Hotel venues; as per supermarkets in England they are mandatory, however once in the leisure club you do not need to keep them on by law, although you can do so if you wish, and we would strongly suggest they are used in changing rooms where social distancing can be at times breached.
- If possible, bring your swimmer beach ready so you can reduce, or even eliminate the need to use changing rooms prior to the session.
- Please Only 1 single spectator per swimmer (we appreciate siblings may need to attend due to childcare, we ask that you consider leaving them with any such available care but appreciate they may need to attend with you). Any other visitors must remain outside the Leisure club in the hotel reception, or in your vehicle.
During the session:
- Pop on the blue shoe covers or remove outdoor footwear.
- Please keep your swimmer in the area shown to you on the first day, as swimmers will be exiting the pool from the previous class (unless you are in the 1600 start time).
- With Beginners and improvers we will ask parents to fit your own aquaplane/ discs etc.
Following the session:
- We ask that you consider toweling off and putting on comfortable clothing (like a fleece all in one) we do have links for surf towels which are lovely and highly versatile so please do ask for further info on these.
- The Showers are available for those wishing to use, but again please ensure you remain socially distant from other swimmers and their families.
Measures teachers and any supporting staff will be taking:
- Teachers will not travel to any restricted area of local lock down within the UK.
- Teachers will not have returned from any country listed as needing to self isolate, and if they have they will have completed their period of time (just for reassurance none of the listed teachers have or intend to leave the UK).
- Teachers will regularly sanitise.
- Teachers will check their temperature each morning and report to management team immediately and directly if any concerns.
- Teachers have undergone Covid training and extensive CPD’s as well as further individual learning on how to adapt lesson procedures.
- Teachers will teach out of the water where suitable, however we have undertaken risk assessments, and communicated with both the STA and our insurance underwriters swim sure, and we will be having teachers in water with PPE in place whilst maintaining spacing where applicable as per our guidelines.
If you wish to speak further around COVID 19 and what we are all doing to help keep you safe, please request a call back and one of us will happily spend time to talk further.
Yours in swimming, Andrew Wilde (founder and owner of Duck N Dive limited).